Tuesday, March 14, 2006

catch phrases

I remember when i was younger my mom used to have these phrases that were typically her like :
1) "Unless you're going to cry milk don't cry" ( to which the meanning still escapes me...but she just wanted us to stop crying, and held a cup to our faces...to assure us it wasn't milk we were crying)

2)if at one point we thought she was going to kill us because she was soo mad, she'd say to us in an non threatning tone " I would never kill you, I love myself too much to go to prison for you"

3)or would threaten us with a butter knife and say "We" Pronouced "Wai" which essentialy ment..." YOU"

4)or when we didn't want to wash after a full day of school, and playing in the snow for hours she would say "God loves the sweet smelling ones...do you think you smell sweet? NO go wash!!!"


these lines still make me laugh...lol share a few...if you would be so kind

ps. I thought about it because I watch "Ray Charles the movie" and in each sequence of paramount importance his mothers catch phrase could be found "Scratch a lie find a theif"

1 Comments:

Blogger AGRADA said...

thats interesting !!

i did't go to ray charels movie, it was year ago i guess, i don't know why i don't like such kind of movies, also i don't like comedy..sci-fi..etc.

i go to movies which i expect to learn something from " deals with reality ".

varity is the spice of life.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home