Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Quietude


I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she asked me how I was doing and if everything was ok. For the most part that question would have gone unnoticed but for the bare purpose of the fact that i had not talked to her, since my life was turned upside down and I had to pick up the pieces of my hurricane affected life, I actually sat down and counted the blessings I possessed.
First and formost, since I was talking to her, my voice, my mouth my intellect was still semi functioning, all the blessings in that, my eyes althought I am afflicted with myopia, I can still decipher objects, and I have glasses to correct my handicap, I have eyelashes to sweep the dust from my eyes, I have a nose that helps me appreciate the subtle smell of roses. I have arms and legs, feet to carry my weight...and so many more blessings that I don't even know about, but in the end with that many blessings how can I be an ingrate and say that I am not good?

I understand that with all these blessings, some of us cannot fulfill the need of "happiness" but those who are the least blessed have something I hope to never acheive nor experience.

A Black heart.


So All I hope for in this life and in the next is for a state of quietude in my heart, that no matter the circumstances that surround me that I remember my blessings, count the ones I know of, and remain unshattered in my faith...for in the end that that is all that can withstand the test of time, agony, pain, dispairity and all of those that surround those negative circle of thoughts.

Bare in mind that if Allah gave you value by putting you in this world, no one can even try to take it away from you, that cause shall be in vain, and a shadow of wrath shall befall upon your humble soul.
Remember your blessings, and remember your state of ignorance, only those things will keep you in the state of servitude towards your Allah.

I am more than fine, I am blessed
Jamilla...

2 Comments:

Blogger zanzibar said...

wonderful writing :) if we could keep the blessings god has given us in mind we'd all be in a better place, mish.

Sunday, January 08, 2006  
Blogger Jamz said...

thank you for that:)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home