Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Snow Angel

In the mist of this snowfall in Montreal, all I can seem to think about is my childhood when snow brought about this happiness in my heart. It meant school was out, it meant my mother was going to buy hot chocolate, it meant we were going sledding, and it meant just pure happiness. It meant freedom from the shackles of day-to-day life.... two weeks of absolute perfection.

In my youth snowfall was meant camping up north, with all of my little friends for a couple of days just long enough to miss my mother. During those fun filled days, we'd learn how to ski, snowboard etc.no one ever really liked any of it, and we just loved tobogganing.The light sprinkle that came from the sky, makes me remember the softer times, when we could entertain ourselves with very little, adults tend to take things for granted.

With laughter in my eyes, my mom would make her famous pancakes and sausages every Sunday. To this day the smell of it reminds me of quieter times when my biggest worry was if I was going to get dessert because, I got kicked out of class to talking back. My parents were mostly indulgent to my capricious needs. I was a free spirit with nothing to stop me from diving into that pile of snow and making myself dozens and dozens of angels and when I was tired of that, my boots filled with snow, my toes frostbitten, I would jump back in there to make myself a couple of snow men. I would have snow fights with my two brothers, and my mom would usually join the fun until she got tired...but we didn't mind, we'd make forts and we'd fight against the neighbors, One United Front.

I had a beautiful sense of imagination, sense of pride in my little inhibited soul. No question was too straightforward, no idea impossible, nothing and no one could stop me. My parents always made me feel that, and it always I guess the first snowfall reminds me of the times where I didn't have any limit, I didn't censure myself, and when I would make people around me smile by just being myself.

Sometimes I wonder what has happened to that person I was, I wonder what made me change, what made me censor the person I am from the person I want to be...but I know forever, that I will remain my mothers mind, the Eternal snow child.

Have yourself a blessed and fruitful day.... Im gonna go play in the snow

Jamz xxx

1 Comments:

Blogger Haytham said...

yo jamz

wow this is cool! ur a good writer! i wish can relate to the snow like u... but i cant:s .. whenever i see snow im like. OH GR8! however the sight of a sandstorm!! now thats life!
lol
awsome job on this one!
peace
haytham

Thursday, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home