Friday, October 28, 2005

Diary of a Stolen Woman

So its 4 in the morning in Montreal, and what am I doing writing this blog? I really don't know, I’m just confused about a whole bunch of stuff. and I thought I'd talk it out with myself. So, I’m completely infatuated with this persona that I've only met a couple of times in my life. But these couple of times have been marking to me, the first time I met him I was about 13 years old or so....and he was part of my sisters "group". It was at an iftar, He's an interesting character, always looking to busy himself up, but my infatuation with hiim only came quite recently. I never really noticed him before. He's got a little something special about him, a great sense of humour and a intrigue that resides around him like an aura. I think what I like about him most is his mystery, he's got these beautiful espresso coloured eyes that make you want to drink out of them and when he looks at you, there is no doubt in your mind he isn't distracted by anything else but you. I also like the fact that not everyone notices him, if you want to find him at a gathering, he won't be the in your face "HEY HERE I AM..LOOK AT ME" person. He'll be the quiet guy sipping him tea in the corner of the room with a mischievous smile on his face. He's got a presence about him that cannot be ignored, and the fact that he's tall doesn't hurt at all...



So when he talks to me, even when there might be 30 people around us, and 6 people between us, its like he's reserve that space in time for this. Every noise is diluted and only sounds like a faint whisper, and he is the only voice that fills the room. His warm voice and his scant appreciation for people who need to be the centre of the world, make me want to get to know him on a level than perhaps anyone has ever achieved . He's just infatuated me, and made me want to pursue a friendship with him. Usually for me that's rare, I don't usually talk right away to people I am not familiar with. But with him, he instantly made me feel like, whatever I said, my answer to his questions, held some value to his eyes. Does he know I think of him this way? I sincerely doubt it, because it only fell upon my thoughts tonight, a time within which I had to myself, to think and pause and rewind. Am I going to pursue this? Perhaps…No I WOULD love it ...having dinner with him made the rain ( it was pouring cats and dogs outside, and I was wearing peak-a-boo sandals), which was soaking my feet less begrudgingly queer.

I don't get to think about insanities like this all the time and when I do, I love it, it makes me wonder what other wonderful things this world holds for me. But for the moment, I am a stolen woman, in need for a night of carefree laughter, irrefutable nonsense, romantic movies..only to get lost in emotions I had forgotten existed. A stolen woman in no need of being found, and glad to see and feel adventure. Hopefully, this man, will be the thief, this espresso eyed robber, who will whisk me into a night of mischief.

yours truly Jamilla..
.a stolen woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home