Thursday, October 27, 2005

Stopping bad habits


For this Sacred month of Ramadan, I have decided I would stop smoking for my health, for my family, but most Importantly for Allah. Its been pretty hard for me so far because smoking for me was the easy way out of strong emotions. With the cancer stick I could relax, hold on, think and gain some perspective. Without it for the past couple of days, I've been going off on everyone, not being able to control my strong emotions. and every time I feel the need to go grab on to one of my cancer sticks, instead, I go drink some water with a light because before I bring the liquid to my lips I say Bismilah. But during the day, that is infact not as hard as it was at the beggegning of this month.The day passes by pretty fast, and I barely think of taking any nicotine, its the morning right when we are eating suhr, that I used to sneak off and have myself one. While walking home from school and or work I had a cigarette, my mom would annoy me, off I'd go to blow some steam off...it was quite easy for me to come back relativly calm after a 10 min intake of this addiction of mine....

my point is in fact, hopefully I'll get throught the rest of this month having aquired one less bad habit.
make duah that I stop

Jamz

1 Comments:

Blogger Haytham said...

yo ummm...
ok im kinda happy i didnt check ur blog more often.. WTF!!! smoking!?!! why?!! how about i put ur face in the snow and light a ciggerette and hten hand it to u to smoke...dont be dumb... being sad or feelin crappy isnt an excuse to smoke.. its just an imaginary road ppl took to escape.. it doesnt do shit for a person except make the sit. worse ..
be smart WOMAN!
peace

Thursday, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home